Our firm recognizes the value of diversity in its workforce at all levels. In serving a highly diverse client base, we look to emulate the wealth of their varied backgrounds with a staff built on the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action.
The principal objectives of our commitment to diversity include:
- Ongoing efforts to increase the employment opportunities for people of any race, ethnicity, nationality, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ability level, religion, culture, and political opinion at all levels and in all segments of HBSR’s organization.
- Encouraging all employees to refer qualified applicants. An employee referral bonus system is used to help achieve this goal.
- Establish meaningful relationships with appropriate recruitment sources, community organizations, and educational institutions with high enrollments and/or attendees of a diverse qualified applicant base. We actively support members of our professional staff in their involvement with organizations such as: the Black Lawyers Association, the Women’s Bar Association, Women Entrepreneurs in Science and Technology (WEST), the Asian-American Lawyers Association and National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA).
- Host training opportunities for all levels of the organization to explain the background purpose and individual responsibility for the implementation of policies relating to diversity.
- Comply with both the letter and spirit of all applicable governmental laws and regulations relating to nondiscrimination and affirmative action in employment.
HBSR takes pride in its diverse workforce and strives to use the various experiences, backgrounds, and points of view to enrich and strengthen our organization.
Hamilton Brook Smith Reynolds P.C. is an equal opportunity employer.